The following items are required for a complete application:
- Completed online application (uni-assist)
- Degree certificates/diplomas including the final grade (GPA) as well as an official transcript of course grades (with official translations into English or German, if needed).
o Scanned copies are used for the application process. Originals or certified copies need to be submitted prior to enrollment.
o If you do not have a degree yet, you can hand in a certificate of enrollment from your bachelor program and a preliminary diploma or a certified copy of the current transcript of records including all passed examinations and an average grade. This preliminary diploma or transcript of records must be issued by the same office that also issues the final diplomas. If applicable, certified translations into German or English must be provided.Note that you must have completed it by September 30. In this case, you need to submit the degree certificate by January 15.
- Proof of sufficient english skills
o You are required to submit scores of TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System) tests. We do not accept Cambridge ESOL or other certificates to prove English proficiency. Knowledge of German is not required for admission to or for the completion of the program as it is exclusively taught in English. The institution code for the TOEFL test is 5349. The minimum TOEFL score is 100 for the iBT or 600 for the PBT. An IELTS score of 7.0 is considered comparable. The test score has to be submitted at the time of application. Simply uploading the required test score reports is sufficient for the application process.
o In the case you are English native speaker or have completed a degree program that has been taught entirely in English you do not need to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. Instead, please provide sufficient proof of your English skills by uploading a document regarding the language of instruction of your bachelor program issued by the university
- A brief letter of motivation (in English and not more than 750 words).
- Simple copy of the university entrance qualification (high school diploma, Abitur, A levels, etc.).
- Applicants with a bachelor's degree from China, Vietnam or Mongolia have to provide an APS certificate at the time of their application
- Other documents that might be relevant to us, but are not required (curriculum vitae, references from jobs or internships, scholarships, etc.).
Please note that you should first complete your online application before sending any documents via regular mail. Please, also make sure that your (certified) documents in paper form arrive at uni-assist before the deadline.
Documents to be sent by post to uni-assist:
- Signed application form
- Certified copy of bachelor degree including transcript of records + (if applicable) English or German translation
- Without a final diploma: certificate of enrollment + certified copy of current transcript of records + (of applicable) English or German translation
- Simple copy of university entrance qualification
- For applicants who received their bachelor degree in China, Vietnam or Mongolia: APS certificate in original form
Please send all required documents to:
c/o uni-assist e.V.