Admission and Requirements
The minimum prerequisite for admission is a bachelor's degree. Candidates with a master's degree are also welcome to apply. An undergraduate or graduate specialization in economics or business is preferred, but candidates with strong analytical skills from related fields will also be considered.
Applications have to be submitted online. The application system is now open. The application period began on April 1st. Updates on the admission status after the two rounds may be posted here around mid June and mid August.
The following items are required for a complete application:
- Completed online application
- Degree certificates/diplomas as well as an official transcript of course grades (with official translations into English or German, if needed). Scanned copies are used for the application process. Originals or certified copies need to be submitted prior to enrollment. If you do not yet have a degree, note that you must have completed it by September 30. In this case, you need to submit the degree certificate by January 15.
- Applicants who do not hold a university degree from an institution with English as the sole language of instruction are required to submit scores of TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System) tests. We do not accept Cambridge ESOL or other certificates to prove English proficiency. Knowledge of German is not required for admission to or for the completion of the program as it is exclusively taught in English.
The institution code for the TOEFL test is 5349. The minimum TOEFL score is 100 for the iBT or 600 for the PBT. An IELTS score of 7.0 is considered comparable. The test score has to be submitted at the time of application.
- A brief letter of motivation (in English and not more than 750 words).
- Applicants with a bachelor's degree from China, Vietnam or Mongolia have to provide an APS certificate at the time of their application.
Prospective students are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
First round deadline: May 1 prior to the winter semester of intended enrollment.
Final deadline: July 15 prior to the winter semester of intended enrollment.