Frequently Asked Questions
- The online application system does not seem to work for me. What should I do?
Answer: The online application system (uni-assist) is open from March/April to July 15th each year. It is not possible to apply outside this time frame. Please let us know if there are any specific issues, questions or problems regarding the system or your application.
- As regards my MMF application, do I need to send anything by regular post?
Answer: First, you should complete your application online and upload all relevant material. Afterwards, you should send the documents that we ask you to.
For example, in case of a foreign bachelor's degree, certified copies (along with translations) of diploma certificates, transcripts and your university-entrance qualification. You can find an overview of which documents to send to which address here.
For more details in regards to certified copies and translations of your documents please consult uni assist. Note that documents per post must arrive before the deadline.
- Do you require GRE/GMAT scores? Will I still be considered without a GRE/GMAT score?
Answer: GRE or GMAT scores are required for submitting an application, so please make sure you have them by the time you submit. There is no exception to this. The minimum requirements for the GRE and GMAT are to be at least in the top 50% of test takers in the respective quantitative section (50th percentile). Your application will not be considered without one of these tests. Only the quantitative section will be taken into account. Other sections do not matter for you application.
- I have studied at an English speaking university for one semester and attended lectures and seminars which count towards my bachelor’s degree. Does my stay abroad (at the English speaking university) substitute for TOEFL/IELTS test results?
Answer: No. We only abstain from requiring TOEFL or IELTS score reports if you have completed a full programme that was taught at an English speaking institution or was taught in English exclusively. In this case please provide proof in your online application. If you do not hold a degree from such an institution, TOEFL or IELTS test results are mandatory.
- ETS (TOEFL, GRE), GMAC (GMAT) or the British Council (IELTS) sent my test reports directly to you. Do I still need to upload proof of my results to my online application?
Answer: Yes. During the application process, we only use the data and documents you upload to the online application system and sent via regular mail to uni-assist. In case you receive a positive answer by the admission committee, admission will be conditional on receiving the original score reports. The easiest and cheapest way for you is to use our institution codes at your test date, such that we receive your results right away. Sending test results after you took the test will cost you more money and time.
- I have completed an English certificate which is not listed on your webpage. Could I use this certificate as a replacement for either TOEFL or IELTS?
Answer: No. Unfortunately, this is not possible due to organisational reasons.
- As regards TOEFL/IELTS/GRE/GMAT test results I have to attach to my online application, I am afraid I will be receiving the results after the closing date for the MMF application. Can I submit my application without the TOEFL/IELTS/GRE/GMAT report and send the report later on?
Answer: No, you have to provide your TOEFL/IELTS/GRE/GMAT test results at the time of your application. This holds true for all required documents of your application. Should you not receive the original score report in time or not at all (e.g. GRE), you have to upload a screenshot of your online results instead of a scan/pdf of your original reports.
- Do you require specific knowledge of German and/or a certificate proving my German proficiency?
Answer: No, as our program is taught in English exclusively, you do not have to be proficient in German. No test or certificate is needed in this respect. Obviously, knowledge of the German language will help you in your everyday life here in Frankfurt.
- How many students are admitted per year, out of how many applicants?
Answer: From an overall number of 300 to 400 applications we admit 50 students per year. Since the pool of applicants varies each year there is no given minimum GPA for your previous degree. Please consider though: we rank our applicants according to their GPA, the score of the quantitative part of the GRE/GMAT, their motivation letter and amount of quantitative courses in their undergraduate degree.
- In which semester can I start the MMF program?
Answer: We only admit students for the fall semester.
- When will I be notified of a decision?
Answer: Depending on which deadline you meet (May 1, or July 15) you can expect to receive an answer on the status of your application by mid June or mid August respectively. If you submitted your application before the first deadline, but did not receive a positive answer for the first round, your application will automatically be considered in the second/final round as well. Applicants that are not admitted in the first round will not receive an answer before mid August.
- How will I be notified whether or not I have been accepted?
Answer: Every successful applicant will receive an acceptance letter via e-mail. In addition, international applicants will receive the acceptance letter via regular post. Applicants not accepted in the first round do not receive any notification and are automatically in the second round.
- I am afraid that I cannot meet the first deadline in May. Are international applicants required to submit their application for this first round? Will using the second/final round of admission hurt my chances receiving a positive answer?
Answer: Within the given time time frame (usually from April until July every year) all applicants are free to apply whenever they want. There are no differences regarding international, EU or German applicants. Furthermore, the chances of admission are exactly the same for both deadlines. Admission is based on a final, overall ranking which consists of all applicants from all rounds. In the first round, only the best applicants will receive an offer.
- I haven't finished my bachelor's degree yet, but will do so during the summer. Can I apply with a preliminary diploma, my current transcript and a certificate of enrollment?
Answer: Yes, you can. Please note that if you want to make use of this option, you must have completed at least 80% of your bachelor's degree at the time of your application. In regards to ECTS this means that your transcript of records must contain at least 144 CP at this point.
- I have completed my bachelor's degree in a foreign country. I am not sure, if this degree makes me eligible to apply for a master's degree at a German university. How can I find out?
Answer: As the answer to this question is very specific to different countries and degrees, you should check the website of the DAAD for guidelines regarding the equivalency of foreign degrees.
- Do you require a recommendation letter?
17. Can you evaluate my eligibility or chances before I apply?