Foreign Languages for Economists - FAQ
The Foreign Language for Economists courses are designed in the first instance for students of the Faculty of Economics. However, students belonging to other faculties may also enrol one week before courses begin for the “Courses for all students“ if vacant places are still available.
- Courses for all students: in the same language, no. You are allowed to register for two or three courses of different languages.
- Credit-point courses: You are allowed to register for 2 credit-points courses in English so as for one credit-point course in French and/or Spanish.
Please fill in the bank remittance as follows:
• Empfänger (recipient): J. W. Goethe Universität
• IBAN: DE 95 500 500 00 000 100 6410 - BIC/SWIFT HELA DE FF
• Verwendungszweck (particulars of course - code number, etc):
Please do not forget to write the invoice number on your bank remittance so that our booking and payment system can easily recognise your payment. The invoice number can be found in your confirmation e-mail.
You can download it and also print it out via the website of the University's Data-Processing Center (Hochschulrechenzentrum) by using your HRZ-password.
If you study Business Administration or Economics as a registered minor you can register at the same time with the other students from the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics.
The language level you require for your application can be found in the respective advertising material from the university you have chosen: https://www.wiwi.uni-frankfurt.de/en/international/studying-abroad.html
Courses for all Students: Your grades will be on your certificate, which will be emailed to you approximately 6 weeks after the course ends.
Credit-Point Courses and Master’s Course: You can check your grades password protected in QIS.
Your language certificate will be emailed to you approximately 6 weeks after the course ends.
You can pick up the original copy of your certificate (starting from winter semester 20/21) on the following days:
• Monday, 28.11.2022, 3 -5 pm
• Monday, 12.12.2022, 3 -5 pm
• Monday, 16.01.2023, 3 -5 pm
at the Services Office RuW 1.203 (1. Floor, to the right of the door to the examination office).
All questions should be sent via e-mail. All questions appertaining to the department languages for economists will be answered in this form. We would kindly request that you use this contact address and not contact our instructors directly. Questions that can only be answered by an instructor will be forwarded to them.