Foreign Languages for Economists - FAQ
A general answer to this question is difficult to give due to differing student abilities. Before signing up, please review your semester schedule thoroughly so that there aren’t any overlapping courses. The number of language courses to be taken is dependent on your future career plans.
All questions should be sent via e-mail. All questions appertaining to the department languages for economists will be answered in this form. We would kindly request that you use this contact address and not contact our instructors directly. Questions that can only be answered by an instructor will be forwarded to them.
- Courses for all students: in the same language, no. You are allowed to register for two or three courses of different languages.
- Credit-point courses: You are allowed to register for 2 credit-points courses in English so as for one credit-point course in French and/or Spanish.
Please fill in the bank remittance as follows:
• Empfänger (recipient): J. W. Goethe Universität
• IBAN = DE 95 500 500 00 000 100 6410 - BIC/SWIFT HELA DE FF
• Verwendungszweck (particulars of course - code number, etc):
Please do not forget to write the complete invoice number on your bank remittance so that our booking and payment system can easily recognise your payment. The invoice number can be found in your confirmation e-mail.
Please bring a receipt of your money transfers, a copy of your registration confirmation as well as your Goethe-University student ID-card. Without this documentation you will not get the script and your participation in the class may not be permitted.
When you register online for an elective course, you will be automatically eligible to sit the Qualifying Test on condition that you have not passed a Qualifying Test before. After the registration deadline, you will receive official information concerning this test. If it is not the case, please write an E-Mail.
If you study Business Administration or Economics as a registered minor you can register at the same time with the other students from the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics.