|Address:||Goethe University Frankfurt|
House of Finance
60629 Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
|Phone:||+49 (0)69 798-33880|
Academic / Professional Positions
- Assistant Professor, Chair of Public Finance and Debt Management at Goethe University, Frankfurt
- 05/2017-08/2018 Research Assistant, Institute of Economic and Social Research at Université catholique de Louvain
- 04/2014-04/2017 Research Assistant, Bielefeld Graduate School of Economics and Management at Bielefeld University
- 07/2013-09/2013 Research Economist, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics
- 12/2007-6/2012 Staff Economist, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics
- 09/20115-04/2018 PhD Candidate, Institute of Economic and Social Research at Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium
- 09/2013-08/2015 PhD Candidate, Bielefeld Graduate School of Economics and Management at Bielefeld University, Germany
- 2012 Mphil in Economics (M.Sc. equivalent), Quaid-e-Azam University, Pakistan
- International Migration
- Labour Economics
- Family Economics
- Development and Growth
- Iftikhar, Z. and Zaharieva, A. (2016) “General Equilibrium Effects of Immigration in Germany: Search and Matching Approach”, Review of Economic Dynamics, Forthcoming.
- Iftikhar, Z. and Faraz, N. “The Regional Asymmetric Responses to Central Bank's Monetary Policy in Pakistan”, Singapore Economic Review, (2017), Online Ready: pp. 1-14.
- Iftikhar, Z. and Ali, A. (2012) “Impact of Income Inequality and Defence Burden on Economic Growth”, Singapore Economics review, vol. 57 (3).
- Ahsan, H., Iftikhar, Z. and Kemmal, M.A. (2012) “Determinants of Food Prices in Pakistan”, Lahore Journal of Economics, vol. 17(1).
Work in Progress
- Brain Drain, Informality and Inequality: A Search-and-Matching Equilibrium Model for Sub-Saharan Africa
- with Frédéric Doquier
- The Effect of Norms on Quantity-Quality Trade-off and Childlessness in Pakistan