Admission Requirements and Procedures
MMF applicants should either hold or expect to have by the time of enrollment a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the area of Economics, Finance, or in some related field. At the time of application, applicants need to have valid GRE (or GMAT) and TOEFL (or IELTS) results which satisfy the minimum requirements below.
In case of a foreign degree, some application documents must also be sent by post. Please note that all hardcopies must arrive by the deadline. In that case, the online application must be completed several days before the deadline.
Applications are filed online. The application system is now closed. The application period begins on April 1st.
The following items are required for admission:
- Completed online application
- Degree certificates/diplomas as well as an official transcript of records (with official translations in English or German language, if relevant)
- Letter of motivation (in English, not more than 750 words)
- Evidence of English language proficiency for students whose native tongue is not English and who do not hold a university degree or from an institution with English as the main language of instruction. You have two possibilities in this case:
- TOEFL score of at least 100 (iBT) or 600 (PBT). The TOEFL institution code for the MMF is 4258.
- IELTS Academic Test with a band score of at least 7.
Further information: See the official webpages for TOEFL and IELTS
While documents can be scanned for application purposes, an original TOEFL/IELTS test score report has to be submitted prior to enrollment. We accept TOEFL and IELTS results that are up to 5 years old.
- Assessment test scores are required for all applicants for the MMF. Please make sure you register to take the GRE/GMAT, so that you have the results by the time you submit your application. Again, there are two options:
- Having completed the GRE test.
The minimum requirement for the GRE is that you have to score at least in the 50th percentile in the Quantitative Reasoning section of the test. The GRE scores and percentiles stated in the online application system need to match exactly the scores and percentiles reported on the official GRE score report. The GRE institution code for the Master in Money and Finance is 4258.
- Having completed the GMAT test.
Applicants who have not taken the GRE can satisfy the minimum entry requirement if they have scored at least in the 50th percentile in the Quantitative section of the GMAT test. The GMAT scores and percentiles stated on the online application system need to match exactly the scores and percentiles reported on the official GMAT score report. The GMAT institution code for the Master in Money and Finance is 7HK-B0-40.
Further information: See the official webpages for GRE and GMAT
While documents can be scanned for application purposes, an original GRE/GMAT test score report has to be submitted prior to enrollment.
- Applicants with a bachelor's degree from China, Vietnam or Mongolia have to provide an APS certificate at the time of their application
Prospective students are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Final deadline: May 15
prior to the winter semester of intended enrollment.
It is not possible to hand in any documents after the deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered.