Goethe Goes Global Scholarship
The Goethe Goes Global Scholarship is designed for students who completed their bachelor studies outside of Germany - irrespective their nationality - and who aim for a career in research.
- Monthly grant of 1,000 € for up to two years
- Support by an experienced researcher from your field of interest
- Access to seminars offered by our Graduate Academy GRADE
Given the small number of scholarships and the high number of qualified applicants, we consider only applications of students who fullfill the following conditions:
- Bachelor' grade: at least 1.4 in the German grading system
- ECTS in quantitative methods courses: at least 30 ECTS
Applicants who do not fulfill these prerequisites are not considered for the scholarship.
You can apply for the scholarship as part of your online application via uni-assist. Please provide the following additional documents:
- A motivation letter in which you state (1) the reasons for applying for the scholarship, (2) your career plans, and (3) your research experience if applicable.
- Two letters of recommendation issued by professors or other academic staff. We do not consider recommendation letters by employers.
- We invite the best three scholarship applicants for a video interview.
- The video interview will take place in late June. There will be only one date for the interview.
- We rank these three applicants and forward our ranking to the Johanna-Quandt-Foundation which is responsible for the final selection of scholarship recipients.
Please find further information about the Goethe Goes Global Scholarship program on the Scholarship website.