In this section you will find answers to frequently asked questions adressed to the Examination Office of the Faculty of Economics and Business.
If you have any questions regarding your application status in a Bachelor's programme in Economics, please read the information for international applicants from the International Office or contact the International Office directly.
If you have any questions regarding your application status in an Economics Master's programme, please contact the programme coordinator directly.
Before you can take part in the examinations at the Faculty of Economics and Business, you have to submit a one-time Application for Admission to the Examination Office. You can find detailed information and the application form here.
If there is a conflict of shedule for your registered exams, please proceed like this:
- Please contact the respective department directly. You require approval that the according exam can be written either in advance or subsequently (this means instantly before or immediately after) the exam in question.
- A member of staff from the department has to agree to collect you from the previous examination, to offer you a "space for writing" and to supervise you during the exam. It is at the disgression of the department whether it agrees to this solution.
- If you have received approval and are taking a written exam at the same time, please inform the Examinations Office by e-mail.
- If you fall ill before or during an examination you require a medical certificate.
- Please use the appropriate form forcertification of inability to take the examination (medical certificate), which is only available in German "Formular für die Bescheinigung der Prüfungsunfähigkeit (ärztliches Attest)" You can download the form or pick it up in the waiting area of the Examination Office.
- If you become unfit for examination during the course of the exam, you must record this in writing with your signature on your exam paper and explain to the invigilator that you discontinue the exam before the end of the exam.
However, this must be observed: If you take an exam knowing that you have health problems, you bear the risk of reduced performance resulting from this. It is then no longer possible to successfully refer to these symptoms of illness.
- The medical certificate must be submitted to the examination office immediately, i.e. without culpable delay. You are welcome to drop it in the letterbox of the Examination Office or send it by post.
- Please always state your matriculation number and the relevant exam.
In case of doubt a certificate from the public health officer could be demanded.
Important information: After you have submitted a medical certificate, you receive an e-mail from the examination office to your student e-mail-adress (@stud.uni-frankfurt.de).
Please also pay attention to the Instruction sheet for the procedure in case of illness(or other withdrawal reasons). You can download the form or pick it up in the waiting area of the Examination Office.
Where can I find a public health officer?
The Public Health Service at the Public Health Office in Frankfurt am Main (Amtsärztlicher Dienst im Gesundheitsamt Frankfurt am Main) is responsible for issuing the medical certificate of incapacity for examination.
You will receive an order for the public health officer from the Examination Office. Please make an appointment with the public health officer in Frankfurt immediately.
To obtain a certificate of examination incapacity, please go in person to the Public Health Service at the Public Health Office (Amtsärztlicher Dienst im Gesundheitsamt) in Frankfurt am Main on the day of the examination at the latest (even without an appointment) or, if you are submitting a scientific paper, make an appointment by telephone beforehand.
All other important information (such as address, contact details, opening hours and required documents) can be found on the website of the Office of Public Health (in German).
The period in which you can view your marked exams is generally published with the examination grades by the respective department and/or the examination office.
Should you be unable to attend on medical grounds or other urgent grounds, please contact the respective department immediately and submit a medical certificate respectively alternative certifcates to them to prove your prevention.
QIS-passwords are only issued by the Computing Centre (Hochschulrechenzentrum - HRZ).
You can only apply for and collect passwords in person at the HRZ Service Center (upon presentation of a valid photo ID). This also applies to all other passwords.
Opening hours and location of the HRZ Service Center can be found here.
In case of illness, an extension of the deadline for submission of a Bachelor or Master thesis is possible.
For this purpose, it is necessary to submit the prescribed documents "Form Medical Certificate" (Formular für die Bescheinigung der Prüfungsunfähigkeit (ärztliches Attest)) and "Application Deadline Extension Bachelor's/Master's Thesis due to Illness" (Antrag auf Verlängerung der Bearbeitungszeit einer Bachelor-/Masterarbeit wegen Erkrankung).
Please note that the application and certificate form must be submitted to the Examinations Office immediately after the illness becomes known and before submission of the Bachelor's/Master's Thesis.
Please also pay attention to the "Information Sheet Bachelor's/Master's Thesis" (Merkblatt zur Durchführung der Bachelor-/Masterarbeit).
The required forms are available for download in the downloads section.
You can view the report of your Bachelor's or Master's Thesis either at the Examination Office or at the appropriate department.
You can only view your report after the grade of your Bachelor's or Master's Thesis has been published via QIS.
Students of the degree programmes Bachelor of Science, Subsidiary Subject and Master of Science have the option to complete more semi elective courses than those which are prescribed in the respective examination regulations (additional modules).
The following applies in particular to the different degree programmes:
- Bachelor of Science PO 2009 and Subsidiary Subject PO 2009
If you have completed more semi elective courses than required for the respective degree, than based on all completed semi elective courses, the ones with worst grades are considered as additional modules.
- Master of Science, Bachelor of Science PO 2022 and Subsidiary Subject PO 2022
If you have completed more semi elective courses than required for the respective degree, than based on all completed semi elective courses, the ones you completed at last are considered as additional modules. If a number of semi elective courses were completed in the same semester the ones with the worst grades are considered as additional modules.
Record of Results in German language during the course of study
You can download and print a Record of Results via the information system QIS.
Apart from the following two exemptions the examination office does not issue any German records of results:
- Students, who have completed all required modules apart from the bachelor- or master thesis and who wish to apply for jobs.
- Students, who can proof that the QIS-Record is not sufficient for the purpose required.
Please note the examination office can only provide one Record of Results. Should you require further copies, we would ask you to copy the issued certificate and get these copies authenticated for example at the local public office or from a notary.
Record of Results in English language during the course of study
In case you wish to apply at a different University or University of Applied Sciences and require an English version of a Record of Results please send an e-mail to the examination office, so we can produce it for you as soon as possible.
It may take up to 4 weeks to process your request.
Overview of Results after Completion / Termination of Study
After the completion / termination of the studies at the Faculty 02 the issue of an overview of the results a charge of € 50 per document is applicable (according to VwKostO-MWK dated 18.11.2009)
Please enclose proof of payment of the fee with your informal application. You can find our bank details here.
Dispatch of Documents within Germany or abroad
Please note that we cannot send any documents via recorded delivery. We will send the documents via regular mail and at your own risk! Unfortunately we cannot give any guarantee for the postal delivery.
In case you require the document to be sent to you within Germany or abroad, please send us a stamped self-adressed envelope with sufficient postage.
If modules in your records of results are not allocated to the chosen area, a brief e-mail to the examination office will be sufficient.
We will investigate the issue and the respective module will be reallocated to the correct stage of study.
Should you require a confirmation of your average grade (Prädikat) for your application for a master programme, please e-mail the examination office and include “confirmation of average grade” in the subject line.
A confirmation will be issued as soon as possible and deposited at the SSIX Info Centre for collection.
We can only issue one certificate at the time. Should you require more than one certificate of the average grade for your master application(s) we would ask you to copy the issued certificate and get this/these copy/copies authenticated for example at the local public office or from a notary.
A further confirmation will only be issued if required on demand once all the grades for the examinations, which you completed in this semester, show on your QIS-Exam extract (“Leistungsnachweis”).
An interim Bachelor certificate will not be issued.
Information on how to apply for certificates and duplicates can be found here.
You will be informed by e-mail to your student e-mail address as soon as the certificate is ready for collection. You can find the times for the office hours for picking up the certificate (Issuance of Degree Certificates) here.
If you are unable to pick up your transcript yourself, you can find information on how to proceed under the keyword "Authority for Pick up of (Degree) Certificates".
You can find information on requesting your degree certificate or a duplicate version here.
Once the certificate is ready for pick up you will be informed by e-mail (to your student e-mail account). The office hours for picking up the certificate can be found here.
This power of attorney is used to allow a person authorized by you to pick up your certificate documents at the Examination Office or documents at the SSIX Info Center for you. The respective office will only issue your certificate to you or to the person you have authorized, provided that they can identify themselves.
Important: Only issue a power of attorney to persons you trust!
Here you will find an exemplary power of attorney for the collection of (certificate) documents (in German).
We recommend that you use this template.
However, we also accept powers of attorney which essentially correspond to this one.
Please note the following:
- You as a (former) student must sign this power of attorney.
- The original power of attorney must be presented, either when the authorized person collects it in person or in advance by post or fax.
- The authorized representative must be able to prove his or her identity with an official photo identification (identity card, passport, driver's license). Otherwise nothing can be handed over.
- Only the authorised representative can collect documents on your behalf. (The power of attorney is not transferable!)
Information on the topic "Transfer of Credits" as well as a separate FAQ on this topic can be found here.
The overall grade is supplemented by an ECTS-Grade, which is incorporated in the diploma supplement and listed on the transcript of records. The ECTS grading scale considers statistical aspects of the assessment as follows:
- A = the grade which is given to the the best 10% of graduates who have passed the examination
- B = the next 25 %,
- C = the next 30 %,
- D = the next 25 %,
- E = the next 10 %.
The decisive time period to be considered in determining the ECTS-Grade is the three-year study period preceeding the issuance date. As long as these comparable data is not available, the ECTS grade will be determind as follows:
|Note / Grade|
|A||1,0 - 1,5|
|B||1,6 - 2,0|
|C||2,1 - 3,0|
|D||3,1 - 3,5|
|E||3,6 - 4,0|
It is not possible for us to issue a clearance certificate, as since the Bologna Process the clearance decision lies with the subsequent university.
For this purpose the student can present a current certificate of the "Prüfungsleistungen der Bachelorprüfung/Masterprüfung" to the following university. This will show all the examination results, both passed and failed. This enables the following university to compare the number of examination attempts with its own examination regulations and, as a result, to decide on the student's existing or no longer existing entitlement to an examination.
A company to which you have applied would like to receive confirmation of your details concerning your university degree. You can obtain this confirmation from the Examination Office, but a person from this company/companies must be authorised by you to do so.
Here you can find an example of a power of attorney for the confirmation of your details concerning your university degree (in German).
We recommend that you use this template as it complies with German data protection regulations.
However, we also accept powers of attorney that are essentially the same as this one.
Please note the following:
- You as a (former) student must sign this power of attorney.
- The power of attorney must be submitted in original with signature, either by post or by fax.
- We recommend that this power of attorney be submitted through you as a student.
- You as the grantor of the power of attorney have the option to limit the duration of the power of attorney (recommended).
- The details listed in the power of attorney are only suggestions. You can delete information if you do not want us to confirm this to the authorised representative.
- An original official letter from the company containing the information you want us to confirm is required.
In January 2018 comprehensive statutory rules on maternity protection come into force for female students.
In case of pregnancy, please contact the Head of the Examination Office via pruefungsamt[at]wiwi.uni-frankfurt[dot]de for further information.